9/22/19 Fall Experience! (LOC) and AS Rockets!

This is my Pathfinder science blog! This week we went to LOC which stands for Leelanau Outdoor Center, and we also made Alkaseltzer rockets. The AS rockets were really fun. They were exciting too! To make the AS rockets you mix AS with water in a small canister. The AS produces gas when mixed with the water, so much even that it pops off the top of the canister. My partner and I were asking one question in this experiment, “How high can we make it go with different amounts of AS?” So naturally, we blew up a lot of stuff. For science (obviously).

At LOC we had a lot of fun. We slept in cabins, which is a first for us 6th graders. We slept with the 7th and 8th graders too. We did a beach clean- up because someone had dumped thousands upon thousands of pieces of glass on a Sleeping Bear Dunes beach. Sleeping Bear Dunes is a national park on the shores of Lake Michigan. We also played a lot of fun games including, human foosball! In this game, you have to hold onto a wire with a PVC pipe around it to slide better. It’s connected to a fence surrounding the whole game. We also played a game of defend the fort which is pretty self-explanatory. that’s not all we did but that’s all the sentences I’ve got, so bye!

1 Thought.

1. Great blog Gus! What did you find out when you varied the amount of AS? Always put the results so you don’t leave your audience hanging!:)

I thought LOC was the best ever! Everyone seemed to have a good time and get along. I was impressed with how well your class worked on the initiatives. I was also impressed with how you managed your wound.

Remember to ask 3 questions:)