The Brain- 1/31/2021

This week in science we learned about the components in and connected to the brain. We were separated into groups and the different groups researched different parts. My group was assigned with the brain. We made salt dough and made a model of the brain. This task wasn’t as easy as it may seem however. After we made the salt dough, it had to rest overnight because class was over. When we came back it had partially dried up! So we added more of the liquids from the recipe but then it was too oily. Eventually we just gave up and used it as it was.

After the salt dough fiasco we made a Google Slide for information and a Kahoot to see if people were paying attention to the slide. Other groups did the Eyes, the Ears, and Neurons. Most groups did Kahoots, but one group did something better. They decided to play this game that we sometimes play in science class. The game is that you have a bunch of pieces of paper and the group asks a question, and you have to write your answer on one of the sheets of paper. If you get it right, you crush up the paper and throw it into a trash bin. There are two bins. One that counts as one point that is bigger, and a smaller one that counts for two. I think that this was overall a fun project, but it took a while and it was pretty hard.

1 Thought.

1. Dear Gus, I thought your blog was very well written and you did a great job on it, I agree that the paper game was very hard, my team did not do the best. I also thought your slide was awesome!
    – Dylann